Chelsea vs Arsenal: the favorite and fiery London derby you have been waiting for in the Premier League. What team will you be backing on Saturday 21st, October when the Premier League resumes? We will go with Arsenal. The Gunners have the potential to get a positive result in this intense match.
Arsenal will visit Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea in the Premier League matchday 9. Chelsea is heading into this clash with two Premier League wins in a row. The Blues scored at least two goals in the two fixtures.
Chelsea sits 11th in the Premier League standings with a point less than tenth-placed Manchester United. Arsenal has similar points as Spurs, 20 points, and is ranked second.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Injury and Team News
Chelsea have several best players that might be missing in the dugout against Arsenal. Mauricio Pochettino will be without Christopher Nkunku. The Blues hope for the return of Benoit Badiashile, Trevoh Chelobah, Reece James, and Axel Disasi against Arsenal.
Most of the players missing are from the defense. We expect the hosts to struggle at home. Arsenal could shut out the Chelsea side, which heads into this clash with attacking and defensive injury concerns.
Arsenal also has a few injury issues, but they hope Bukayo Saka, William Saliba, and Leandro Trossard will be available against Chelsea. Jurrien Timber had a knee injury during the game against Manchester United, and he is expected to return in January.
Chelsea vs Arsenal H2H Results
The Gunners boast an excellent record against the Blues in the last six encounters. Arsenal won five out of the six Premier League fixtures. Chelsea only managed to get one win against Arsenal. Arsenal scored a total of 12 goals, while Chelsea scored 4.
Let’s take a look at the previous results of their last six Premier League encounters:
- 02nd May 2023 / Premier League / Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea
- 06th November 2022 / Premier League / Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal
- 20th April 2022 / Premier League / Chelsea 2-4 Arsenal
- 22nd August 2021 / Premier League / Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea
- 12th May 2021 / Premier League / Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal
- 26th December 2022 / Premier League / Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea
Chelsea vs Arsenal Tips and Predictions
You have to analyze teams in detail before placing your wagers. We got some tips to better your judgment.
- The match is likely to end scoreless in the first half
- The visitors have scored in all competitions this season
- Arsenal will likely get a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge
- Arsenal are yet to lose a Premier League match this season
- Mikel Arteta’s side has tallied goals in every Premier League fixture this season
- Arsenal is the only side yet to concede a goal in the Premier League on the road this campaign.
- Chelsea have only conceded a goal at half-time in one of their last six fixtures in all competitions.
Arsenal’s side is in better shape, making them the favorites to secure the three points on the road. Chelsea have yet to start the season well, having won only three games. However, the Blues will get a good chance to score against the Gunners at home. Therefore, we could see BTTS (Both Teams to Score) and Over 2.5 predictions at the end of the match.
We back the Gunners to win 2-1 against the Blues at Stamford Bridge. We made a breakdown of the predictions for you:
- The Correct Scoreline: 2-1
- Both Teams to Score (BTTS) & Over 2.5: Yes
- Which Team to Score the First Goal: Arsenal
What’s Next for Chelsea vs Arsenal
Chelsea will host Brentford at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League matchday 10. The fixture will kick off on Saturday, 28th October 2023 in West London.
Arsenal will visit Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium to face Sevilla in the UEFA Champions League group stage on matchday 3 of 6. The fixture will kick off on Tuesday, 24th October, 2023.
Where Will You Bet on the Chelsea vs Arsenal Fixture?
Your love for betting knows no bounds. The industry has also done a lot better by introducing many bookies. However, no bookie beats Dafabet when advocating for transparency and improving your betting experience. What are you waiting for? Join Dafabet today.