Arsenal will visit Selhurst Park, Croydon, to face Crystal Palace in the Premier League Matchday 2. The fixture is set to kick off on Monday at 8:00 pm, 21st August 2023 (UK time). The Gunners had their first 2 – 1 victory against Nottingham Forest at Emirates. The Eagles also secured their first 1 – 0 win against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.
Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal Team News
- Michael Olise agreed to sign a new four-year contract with Palace. His move to Chelsea failed.
- Palace lost some long-serving players like Luka Milivojevic and Wilfried Zaha.
- Arsenal made significant improvements this summer by signing Kai Havertz, Jurrien Timber, and Declan Rice.
The Gunners look stronger than ever with new significant signings like Kai Havertz, Jurrien Timber, and Declan Rice. However, Jurrien Timber is set to miss the Monday clash against the Eagles after suffering an injury. The Dutch defender picked up an ACL injury on his Premier League debut against Nottingham Forest. Gabriel Jesus and Mohamed Elneny are also out of the clash because of injuries. There is a chance Arteta will include David Raya in the squad to face the Eagles.
Crystal Palace is struggling with injuries of summer signing Matheus Franca, Michael Olise, Will Hughes, and Nathan Ferguson. However, Tyrick Mitchell is set to feature in the Monday clash. Jefferson Lerma could also make his Selhurst Park debut after making a move from Bournemouth. Michael Olise signed a new four-year contract with the Eagles amid reports that his move to Chelsea had collapsed.
Wilfried Zaha left the Eagles after his contract expired. The 30-year-old Ivorian international forward completed his move to Galatasaray. Zaha will get a taste of Champions with the Turkish champions. The only time the Ivorian played in the Champions League was when he was at Manchester United. Zaha joined United during the 2013-14 season. Steve Parish hailed Zaha as the best and most influential player the club has ever heard.
Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal Head-To-Head
The Gunners have secured 3 wins in their last 6 Premier League encounters with the Eagles, tallying 11 goals. Crystal Palace only managed to get one win out of the six fixtures, tallying 7 goals. The remaining 2 fixtures ended in a draw. The fixtures were as follows:
- 19th March 2023 | Premier League | Arsenal 4 – 1 Crystal Palace
- 5th August 2022 | Premier League | Crystal Palace 0 – 2 Arsenal
- 4th April 2022 | Premier League | Crystal Palace 3 – 0 Arsenal
- 18th October 2021 | Premier League | Arsenal 2 – 2 Crystal Palace
- 19th May 2021 | Premier League | Crystal Palace 1 – 3 Arsenal
- 14th January 2021 | Premier League | Arsenal 0 – 0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal Odds
Mikel Arteta’s side dominated Crystal Palace last season by winning all home and away league fixtures. Therefore, they can win this game despite Roy Hodgson’s having the home advantage at 1.60. Those backing Crystal Palace can get a big payout at 5.80. Crystal Palace and Arsenal drew 2 – 2 last at Emirates. The odds for a stalemate are 4.20.
Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips
- Crystal Palace hasn’t lost a game at Selhurst Park in their last 5 Premier League games.
- Arsenal have won their previous 2 Premier League matches against Crystal Palace.
- The Gunners have a more relentless attack than the hosts, who lost long-serving forward Wilfried Zaha.
The Gunners have the upper hand to take three points at Selhurst Park by scoring more than one goal. The Eagles may find the back of the net despite their forward, Wilfried Zaha, leaving the club after 450 appearances. However, a single goal may not guarantee the Eagles a win against the Gunners. We are backing Arsenal to win 3 – 1 on the road. Therefore, you can tip OV3.5 and Both Teams To Score for this fixture.
The Eagles will visit the Gtech Community Stadium to face Brentford next Saturday, 26th August. The Gunners will host Fulham at Emirates on the same Saturday.
Where to Bet Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal
You can bet on Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal on many sportsbooks in the betting industry. However, if you are looking for a well-established and reputable bookie, Dafabet – is for you. Join Dafabet today and enjoy competitive odds, excellent customer care, and lucrative promos.