Football   |   March 10, 2022

Brighton vs. Liverpool Predicted Lineup, Team News, Odds, and Form Guide

In the Premier League, Brighton & Hove Albion will face Liverpool at the American Express Community Stadium on 12 March 2022. The Reds are hoping to win their first away game in the Premier League in four chances. 

The Reds haven’t lost within the Premier League in more than two months. They are presently 2nd in the rankings, 3 points behind toppers – Manchester City – with 63 points after 27 games. Brighton’s recent results have been dismal. They now occupy the 13th spot in the standings after 27 games, having gained 33 points. 

Brighton is a tough opponent for elite clubs in the Premier League, but they have been out of form recently. Brighton has lost four games in a row and won once in their last ten fixtures in all competitions. 

However, Liverpool has won 12 games in a row in all competitions and is still in the title chase. Liverpool has been very steady on both sides of the ball, scoring more than two goals in nine of their last 12 games and conceding just two in their previous 8.

Brighton vs. Liverpool: Form Guide

The Seagulls lost against the Magpies by 2-1 in the Premier League. Despite their terrible performance this season, they will be looking for a positive outcome this time around. The clash had 15 shots on goal, of which four were on target.   

Brighton dominated the game with 68 percent possession. Lewis Dunk scored for the Seagulls at the 55th minute. There were ten shots on goal for Newcastle United, with only 4 of them being on target. Ryan Fraser scored the opener for hosts in the 12th minute, followed by the second from Fabian Schär in the 14th minute.

The Seagulls haven’t shown much defensive grit in recent games. Unfortunately, Brighton has been outscored by a combined 12 goals in their last five out of six games. While previous outcomes indicate how the team will perform in the future game, only time will tell if that pattern continues.

Liverpool and its supporters will be looking for a better outcome in this game following their defeat by Inter Milan during the Champions League competition. Liverpool had 63 percent of the possession, and 2 of their 12 shots on goal were on target in the encounter. 

On the other hand, three of Inter Milan’s six shots on goal were on target. Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martnez appeared on the scoresheet inside the 62nd minute to put his team ahead.

A string of solid displays by Liverpool’s defense resulted in the Reds conceding only three goals in their previous six games. Twelve of their attackers have scored in the same timeframe.

Brighton vs. Liverpool: Predicted Lineup

Liverpool Possible 4-3-3 Line Up: Alisson Becker; Virgil Van Dijk, Ibrahima Konate, Alexander-Arnold, Andrew Robertson; Harvey Elliott, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho; Luis Diaz, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah.

Brighton Possible 3-5-2: Robert Sanchez; Marc Cucurella, Lewis Dunk, Joel Veltman; Yves Bissouma, Tariq Lamptey, Mac Allister, Jakub Moder, Solly March; Neal Maupay, Leandro Trossard.

Brighton vs. Liverpool: Predicted Winner

The formidable Jurgen Klopp’s team is likely to overpower the Seagulls at the American Express Community. It is up to Brighton to replicate the exploits of the previous season’s 1-0 triumph over the Reds. According to every forecast and betting platform, Liverpool is expected to cruise to a comfortable victory on Saturday. 

We believe that Liverpool will take advantage of several chances to score goals following their current goal-scoring rate of 2.39 per fixture in this campaign. Brighton & Hove Albion, on the other hand, face an uphill battle to score, though they might score one despite their 1.09 goal-scoring rate. We predict a 1-3 victory for Liverpool at the end of the match.

Brighton vs. Liverpool: Best Odds

Inside the 90-minute outcome market, the best odds are 6.3 for Brighton & Hove Albion to win, 4.68 for a stalemate, and 1.55 for those backing Liverpool to win. The projected winning for Brighton is only 15 percent when the betting market is 6.30. However, this club wins 20 percent of its encounters whenever the odds are this low. Liverpool’s odds are 1.55, meaning the team has a 65% probability of winning, higher than the projected 60%.