Chelsea will face Aston Villa in the Premier League Matchday 6 of 38 at Stamford Bridge. The fixture is set to kick off on 24 September 2023 at 13:00 UTC.
Chelsea have only won one Premier League match in the 23/24 PL season, which came against Luton Town at Stamford Bridge. Mauricio Pochettino’s last fixture ended in a 0-0 draw at Vitality Stadium.
Aston Villa will be looking to cement their second away win in the Premier League against Chelsea. The last time the Villans won on the road was against the newly promoted Burnley.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Team News
Mauricio Pochettino’s side has only managed to secure three points at Stamford Bridge out of this campaign’s three fixtures so far. Currently, Chelsea records five points, ranking 14th in the Premier League table.
The only win Chelsea could get was against Luton Town, a side analysts say “are getting used to the Premier League.” Chelsea also suffered another 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge against Nottingham Forest, a side with a terrible record on the road. Their poor record on the road keeps the Blues in the bottom half of the table. Chelsea lost 3-1 against Westham.
Pochettino’s side has nine players on the sidelines, including Reece James, Wesley Fofana, Romeo Lavia, Armando Broja, Carney Chukwuemeka, Marcus Bettinelli, Trevoh Chalobah, Benoit Badiashile, and Christopher Nkunku.
Aston Villa maintained their Premier League focus despite starting with a terrible debut. The Villans lost 5-1 against Newcastle at St. James’ Park. However, they came back on track with a 4-0 win against Everton at Villa Park.
Still, Unai Emery struggled with a 3-0 defeat at Anfield and recovered later with a dramatic 3-1 win over Crystal Palace. Currently, Villa records nine points, ranking 7th in the Premier League standings. Villa only has three injury issues: Bertrand Traore, Tyrone Mings, and Jacob Ramsey.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa Head-to-Head
The Blues have secured three wins in their last six Premier League fixtures with the Villans. The Villans only managed to get two wins against the Blues. The remaining fixture ended in a 1-1 draw. The fixtures are as follows:
- 01st April 2023 | Premier League | Chelsea 0-2 Aston Villa
- 16th October 2022 | Premier League | Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea
- 26th December 2021 | Premier League | Aston Villa 1-3 Chelsea
- 11th September 2021 | Premier League | Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa
- 23rd May 2021 | Premier League | Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea
- 28th December 2020 | Premier League | Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa
Chelsea vs. Aston Villa Betting Tips and Predictions
- The Blues continue to struggle, having only won one match at Stamford Bridge this season.
- Unai Emery has turned Aston Villa into a good form in the Premier League. The Villans have secured one win on the road.
- The Blues have secured 19 wins out of their last 34 meetings with the Villans.
- Chelsea have had a terrible Premier League record at home. They have only won three of their 15 fixtures at Stamford Bridge in 2023.
There are no clear favorites between Chelsea and Aston Villa to win this Saturday’s clash. The Blues will have control over the game, making it hard for the visitors to score goals. Chelsea is the strongest side on paper, but they still need help getting the rhythm. We expect a lot of goals in this duel, as both sides have solid offensive potential. We predict:
- Ollie Watkins to score against the host anytime in this clash.
- Both teams to score & over 2.5 goals.
- Aston Villa to win 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.
What’s Next for Chelsea and Aston Villa?
Brighton & Hove Albion will visit Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea in the EFL Cup Third Round. The fixture will take place on Wednesday, 27th September, at 18:45 UTC.
Everton will also visit Villa Park to take on Aston Villa in the EFL Cup Third Round. Enjoy the fixture on Wednesday, 27th September, at 18:45 UTC.
Where Can You Bet on Chelsea vs. Aston Villa?
In the realm of the betting industry, there exist many reputable sportsbooks. However, if you need a trustworthy and safe bookie to wager on Chelsea vs. Aston Villa, look no further. Dafabet is amongst the best licensed and secure sportsbooks you can get in the industry. Join Dafabet today and enjoy Saturday’s Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge. Dafabet offers excellent customer care, competitive odds, and the safest payment methods.